Sunday, August 1, 2010

Music for Kids that Even Adults Will Enjoy: Dan Zanes of Sesame Street Fame

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of saccharine overly oomphed music for children. I need something earthier, something with soul.

And I'm not alone. There are several artists out there producing authentic music for children. Music that doesn't make me cringe.

My favorite, hands down, is Dan Zanes. You may have seen his music video Jump Up on Sesame Street. It's a catchy tune that never failed to grab our attention and, one day, I started googling to find there were entire albums filled with his lovely music.

Here's the video for Jump Up. (Be sure to have the kids watch with you, they'll love it.)



And one for All Around the Kitchen Cockadoodle-doodle-doo, which is a fun, active song.



Albums can be purchased at Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment